Optical coherence tomography (OCT)
OCT is an emerging technology for performing high-resolution cross-sectional imaging. OCT is analogous to ultrasound imaging, except that it uses light instead of sound. OCT can provide cross-sectional images of tissue structure on the micron scale in situ and in real time.We at Muscat Eye Laser center acquired the latest RTvue Fourier-Domain OCT. Fourier transform algorithm, FD-OCT, like RTVue, can perform 26,000 A-scan/second. This is a 65 times speed advancement over current technology.The Total Corneal Power Upgrade is the first FDA cleared SD-OCT based cornea power measurements which directly measures both the anterior and posterior curvatures rather than assuming an anterior/posterior relationship. This methodology, coupled with 5 micron resolution SD-OCT technology, allows evaluation of post refractive patients with increased confidence.
- Ultra-high speed: 65 time faster (26,000A-scan/s) for 3D and high density mapping
- High Resolution: Twice the resolution (5µm) than Stratus™ OCT
- Scan depth: Up to 2.5mm for imaging the macular and 2.3mm for imaging a tilt disk.
- Two image modes:
1. Vitreo mode: for better vitreoretinal tissue image
2. Choriod mode: for better chorioretinal tissue image
- High transverse scan resolution:15µm
- Video fundus image: Fundus camera optical design for high quality NIR retina image
- Non-mydriatic imaging: The pupil size required for the fundus image is 3.0mm
- Long working distance: 22mm from cornea to ocular lens